Sunday, May 20, 2007

College


Madeline graduates from preschool this week and will enter kindergarten next year. We were discussing what comes after kinder, after 1st grade, after 2nd grade, etc. So we get to 12th and Mads asks what comes after 12th grade and I tell her college. "What's college?" she asks. I talk it up, "College is when you get to move away from home, live on your own, with your friends, and study whatever you want." She simply states she doesn't want to go to college. Every day since this initial conversation, Madeline has told me that she DOES NOT want to go to college. She never wants to move out of the house, away from Jeff and me. I think she might change her mind one day, but then again, I've obviously given her a lot of anxiety over the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home