Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sad Day











The other morning Mads and Lola found a dead baby bird in the yard. It had been windy the day before so we figured that the poor little thing blew out of the nest high up in the palm tree. We gathered it in a shoe box, only to find another...and then another. Mads was quite saddened and immediately drafted up this little eulogy. Tonight we had a proper burial for the 3 little birds...and a colorful headstones marks the site. What sweet girls I have...what sweet girls.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh my God that is so sad! Lola is almost too big for the NatGeo little kids, but I did order it for her and the Kids' one for Mads. I hope they like it ok!

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Becca and fam said...

What darling, darling girls you have. Mads is adorable. I think she might make a good writer some day.

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home